FORTELL (Forum for Teachers of English Language and Literature), an autonomous registered body of English teaching professionals, was founded in 1989.
It is an affiliate of TESOL International Association and an associate of IATEFL (International Association of Teachers of English as Foreign Language), U.K.
Aims and objectives:
- Provides opportunities to join international fora of ELT experts through its association with TESOL and IATEFL
- Focuses on pedagogy of English Language and Literature
- Encourages research on theoretical and methodological aspects of English through its bi-annual journal FORTELL
- Provides a forum for interaction and collaboration among professionals in the field
- Collaborates for organizing seminars and workshops in areas of language teaching, materials development and evaluation among others
- Mentoring younger colleagues and trainees in research methodology and pedagogy