FORTELL (Forum for Teachers of English Language and Literature), an autonomous registered body of English teaching professionals, was founded in 1989.
Goals of organisation:
- Revitalize the teaching of English Language and Literature.
- Enhance professional skills of teachers.
- Provide a forum for collaboration and interaction among the professionals in the field.
- Organizes seminars and workshops in the areas of teaching methodology, materials development, curriculum design and evaluation.
- Collaborates with other organizations to develop language curriculum.
- Conducts pre-service and in-service programmes.
- Brings out a journal twice a year, in January and July.